Encuentro - Impact 10
SM Pro Art is delighted to be hosting and working with The Centre for Fine Print Research, University of the West of England Bristol, in the organisation of IMPACT 10 in Spain 2018.
Over the last 16 years, IMPACT has evolved as Europe’s leading academic discourse on printmaking. Printmaking is now integral to the wider academic debate, through practice, theory, visual culture, and is studied across a range of programmes, from undergraduate to PhD.
Spain has a rich cultural printmaking heritage as well as a thriving contemporary printmaking culture. We therefore want to ensure IMPACT 10 will be a visual and dynamic event that includes exhibitions and plenty of opportunities for networking.
The aim of the next IMPACT is to establish better links with Spanish printmakers both in Europe and across South and North America. And in order to do this, we will be introducing bi-lingual presentations in Spanish and English.
The theme of the event will be ENCUENTRO (ENCOUNTER)
- An ENCUENTRO with Spanish printmaking, its history, iconography and identity
- An ENCUENTRO with the future of the printmaking, new directions, identity and diversity
- An ENCUENTRO of languages and cultures
- An ENCUENTRO of styles and techniques
- And… an ENCUENTRO with the city where Impact will take place
We hope you will participate at the event and what better place than Spain?
We look forward to seeing you in 2018!